Chattanooga ADU and Boxabl are two industry leaders in the premanufactured ADU space.
While both have intrinsic and strategic advantages, the following comparison is intended to assist you, the property owner in making an informed choice when selecting your ADU building and provider.
What Is An ADU?
Do you need more space but don’t want to move out? An ADU is a perfect option! Also known as “Accessory Dwelling Units”, ADUs are a small build that is on the same property as a stand-alone single-family home.
They bring tons of benefits to homeowners. For starters, you get to expand your household in an affordable way. Second, you can create any room you want, whether it’s an office space, family entertainment zone, or an au-pair suite.
5 Factors to Consider When it Comes to Cost
Ordering an ADU is much more affordable than building a house from scratch or buying a new property. However, there are certain factors that can increase its cost.
Sadly, since many Boxabl clients aren’t aware of this from the start, they are shocked when they pay double what they planned. If you want to avoid uncomfortable situations with Boxabl, learn what will influences their final cost of your ADU:
- Utilities – Your ADU must connect with the public utility system. Depending on your property’s location, you can pay from $10,000 to $30,000 to connect it
- Permits – Most ADUs need a building permit and this can come for a hefty price if you are building on intricate land
- Foundation – Contrary to popular belief, ADUs don’t have wheels and must connect to a foundation. If you choose Boxabl, you will have to take care of the foundation on your own.
- Site Setup – Boxabl also charges fees for site setup which depending on the design and your location can cost from $5,000 to $50,000
- Delivery – Since ADUs are constructed off-site, they must be delivered to your property. Boxabl charges $3 to $10 per mile from Las Vegas
In the past Boxabl Casitas ranged from $54,000 to over $265,000 depending on location and design. However, today they have a different price system. At Chattanooga ADU, we are transparent approach from the get-go and have a fixed pricing system. You can get an ADU with a high-quality roof, foundation, and siding anywhere from $95,000 to $130,000.
The Cost Difference: Boxabl vs Chattanooga ADU
Boxable has become more popular than ever. However, fame is not that beneficial from the perspective of a regular client. For starters, Boxabl has a one-year waiting list. As a result, they don’t have a fixed price system. They won’t give a quote until your project comes next in line.
In addition, Boxabl does not offer help with permits, foundation, roofing, or utilities in its base price. You need to solve all these issues on your own for additional fees. There is no option to customize your ADU either.
Don’t be disappointed in ADUs just because of Boxabl! Things are completely different at Chattanooga ADU. For starters, we offer a personalized approach. The first step is scheduling a free consultation to discuss your projects. Next, you choose between 4 different ADU models or a 100% custom design. Finally, we start building your ADU off-site and go from dirt to key in under 6 weeks.
What’s best is that we take care of everything! In our base fixed prices, we include a metal roof, utility connection allowance, appliances, paint, LVP, and even T-11 siding. We also offer help with building permits as well as additional upgrades for a small extra cost like shingle roofing, vinyl siding, countertops, and painted accent walls.
Contact our team today to learn more about special ADUs!